John Naylor | The Courtney Lynn Foundation
16982
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-16982,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-13.9,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_bottom,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.7,vc_responsive

John Naylor

Hi my name is John Naylor and I’m a 31 year old Registered Nurse.

The Courtney Lynn Foundation - John Naylor
The Courtney Lynn Foundation - John Naylor
The Courtney Lynn Foundation - John Naylor
The Courtney Lynn Foundation - John Naylor
The Courtney Lynn Foundation - John Naylor

I’ve been sick with CIRS due to mold poisoning for about 8 years now. It started when I was staying at my dad’s house while attending nursing school. His house had toxic mold and it took us 3 or 4 years to realize it. I had been very healthy and highly intelligent my whole life until one day, seemingly out of nowhere, I got really dizzy and had severe brain fog. There was a loud ringing in my ears and it was almost impossible to concentrate. I had fevers that came and went very quickly along with bad back and joint pain. I started to sweat excessively and I developed ugly rashes. I had really bad congestion and developed a cough as well. Since I’m also a singer/songwriter, one of my greatest passions is music. But because of my condition, I got to where I couldn’t sing or play like I used to. I used to be very outgoing and social and had lots of friends, and since getting sick I’ve basically become a bedridden hermit. The disease eventually spread to my reproductive system and my dreams of falling in love and having a wife and kids were dashed. This illness has destroyed my life.

 

None of my symptoms ever went away, and most of them continue to get worse as time goes by. I forced myself to work at a hospital for a little while, but I had bad reactions to the building and could hardly do my job. I eventually had to quit because the moldy building was making me even more sick. I wasn’t able to get any kind of disability and I now have no form of income. I’m currently staying in a small camper (which recently tested positive for mold) for cheap rent and I’m living off the small amount of money I was able to save up from the hospital job. In order to start treatment, I need to first find a home to stay in that’s mold-free. I’m just getting sicker and sicker in this camper and all of the things I need to do to heal from this illness require a lot more income than I have. I feel completely hopeless.

 

(I have attached 4 healthy photos and 1 unhealthy photo)